BOOK AT: http://www.patricebaldwin.com
VENUE: St.William’s Primary School, Norwich
ABOUT THE COURSE
Drama strategies are pedagogical tools that can be used to bring texts alive for children, making the content accessible, meaningful and memorable. Drama strategies can be selectively used, to stimulate, scaffold and share deep thinking and inter-thinking, in relation to any text type, e.g. traditional tales, classic poetry and picture books.
Most teachers know only a few drama strategies. This course will give fresh insights into how to adapt and rethink common strategies, e.g. Hot-seating, Freeze-frame, Conscience Alley and will also provide you with other highly effective strategies, e.g. Thought-walks, Proxemics, Talking Objects, Passing Thoughts, 3D Landscape, etc.
• Consider practical ways of entering and understanding the key moments within a range of text types;
• Explore ways of questioning, understanding, tracking and portraying fictional characters and their development;
• Create, enter and experience fictional settings, situations and narratives;
• Practically explore ways of deepening knowledge and understanding of plots and sub-plots within texts;
• Consider how inter-related images and words work together, to deepen our cognitive and affective understanding of picture books and imagery within texts;
The Drama Strategies and techniques used during this course, are transferable for use with other texts.
Participants will take away a Drama Strategies booklet and three units of work (based on a Picture Book, a Traditional Tale and a Classic Narrative Poem).
THIS COURSE CAN ALSO BE PROVIDED AS A SCHOOL BASED INSET DAY AND/OR DEVELOPED INTO A BESPOKE ADVICE AND SUPPORT PACKAGE, WITH PATRICE WORKING WITH YOUR TEACHERS AND CLASSES, USING TEXTS OF YOUR CHOICE
£160.00 for 1 and £300 for 2 places